This episode is part of the special series on Un-Retirement.
ABOUT MY GUEST:
Autumn Witt Boyd is an award-winning intellectual property lawyer who works with online business owners to protect their brand, content, and business.
When it comes to intellectual property and business strategies, Autumn is known as a thought leader in the online business community. She speaks frequently at conferences, seminars, and workshops and appears as a guest on podcasts hosted by other experts and business owners.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
- The single most important thing you have to do when starting a side business or starting a freelancing/consulting career
- What to consider when starting a project with a colleague or a friend
- What you need to put in place if you’ve created a website, even if you’re not selling anything yet
- Why a contract is important even when you’re offering your services for free
- Do you tell your boss/employer about your side gig
- Free Guide from Autumn Witt Boyd: Five Terms You Need to Have on Your Contract
- The Legal Roadmap Podcast
- Contract Templates
OTHER EPISODES IN THE UN-RETIREMENT SERIES
Turn Your Expertise Into a Consulting Career with Michael Zipursky
A Well-Planned Transition to a Post-Retirement Career with Mary Beth Simon
Ep 179: Leaving the Career You Worked Hard to Build with Paula Adler
Ep 178: What is a Midlife Gap Year with Lisette Smith